This guide explains the 12-volt battery system found in all RV’s and how to properly maintain them. There is specific information relating to Magnum Inverter/Chargers and Newmar motorhomes that use these chargers. Even if your system does not have Magnum equipment, much of the document will apply to any system.Ronnie F. Moller, Jr.
Revision 3: Release May 3, 2019
- Clarified that AGM batteries have a slower self-discharge rate. Previous wording incorrectly stated they had a slower discharge rate.
- Fixed Figure 6 image of factory wiring, it had a missing jumper wire in the image
- Clarified the maximum safe discharge of a battery bank
- Added additional instructions for utilizing the ME-BMK and ME-ARC to maximize battery consumption for maximum boon docking per charge.
Revision 2: Release May 2, 2019
- Minor typographical errors corrected.
- The formula for Battery bank capacity under “Personal Settings Record” was corrected
- Additional details where added for “Why you need a current-based estimation system”
Revision 1: Released May 1, 2019 – Initial release